December 21, 2021
You Can and We Will
The new year is a great time to set goals and put ideas into action. With a lot of resolutions, you’re on your own, but if you are an entrepreneur HERE, and you’re ready to start or grow your business, a whole bunch of people will have your back.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT GVL STARTS
- 8-weeks long from February 1-March 24
- Tuesday and Thursday evenings
- Program includes mentoring from successful entrepreneurs, instruction from Furman faculty, and engagement and support from the investor community
- Cost is $299, but need-based scholarships are available
Applications are open for SC Launch, a statewide program that supports entrepreneurs in Advanced Materials and Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Life Sciences. SC Launch helps companies learn, launch, scale, and grow. Selected Member Companies receive training, support, and seed funding.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT SC LAUNCH
- Company must be in SC and registered with the SC Secretary of State’s office among other requirements
- Website has an assessment tool to see if you qualify to apply
- Application process includes a pitch presentation to the selection committee
THE PLATFORM AT GREER
The Platform at Greer is an entrepreneurial support organization that hosts networking events, courses for founders, and pitch competitions.
The application window for the March Business Bootcamp class is open. There are three two-day sessions scheduled for 2022.
HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE PLATFORM'S BUSINESS BOOTCAMP:
- Program is fast-paced and immersive and includes hands-on coaching, networking, expert interaction, and pitch opportunities
- $1,000 in seed money available for pitch winner
- Application is free; program costs $150
HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE ENTREPRENEURIAL PATHWAYS PROGRAM:
- Business must be a member of the Greenville Chamber of Commerce
- Program is a partnership with the South Carolina Small Business Development Centers that provides training for qualified companies
- Businesses must be socially or economically disadvantaged, veteran or woman-owned, and serve lower income communities
Village Launch supports entrepreneurs who live, work, worship, or serve communities on Greenville’s west side. The next cohort for the Village Launch Business Entrepreneur Academy starts after the holidays, but there will be two more chances to be a part of the B.E.A. in 2022. The application window for the session starting in April will open in February.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT BEA:
- 10-week program using CO.STARTERS Canvas
- Program includes facilitator-led, collaborative classes, mentoring, coaching, financial coaching and support
- Cost is $250; payment plans and scholarships are available