The new year is a great time to set goals and put ideas into action. With a lot of resolutions, you’re on your own, but if you are an entrepreneur HERE, and you’re ready to start or grow your business, a whole bunch of people will have your back.
GVL Starts is accepting applications for its next session which begins February 1.
What you need to know about GVL Starts:
- 8-weeks long from February 1-March 24
- Tuesday and Thursday evenings
- Program includes mentoring from successful entrepreneurs, instruction from Furman faculty, and engagement and support from the investor community
- Cost is $299, but need-based scholarships are available
Applications are open for SC Launch, a statewide program that supports entrepreneurs in Advanced Materials and Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Life Sciences. SC Launch helps companies learn, launch, scale, and grow. Selected Member Companies receive training, support, and seed funding.
Here’s what you need to know about SC Launch:
- Company must be in SC and registered with the SC Secretary of State’s office among other requirements
- Website has an assessment tool to see if you qualify to apply
- Application process includes a pitch presentation to the selection committee
More info here.
THE PLATFORM AT GREER
The Platform at Greer is now accepting applications for its March Business Bootcamp class in. There are three two-day sessions scheduled for 2022.
Here’s what you need to know about The Platform’s Business Bootcamps:
- Program is fast-paced and immersive and includes hands-on coaching, networking, expert interaction, and pitch opportunities
- $1,000 in seed money available for pitch winner
- Application is free; program costs $150
More info here.
SOUTH CAROLINA MINORITY BUSINESS ACCELERATOR
The South Carolina Minority Business Accelerator has already announced its 2022 class, but founders can still apply for the Entrepreneurial Pathways feeder program. That’s for businesses that aren’t ready for or haven’t been accepted into MBA.
Here’s what you need to know about the Entrepreneurial Pathways Program:
- Business must be a member of the Greenville Chamber of Commerce
- Program is a partnership with the South Carolina Small Business Development Center that provides training for qualified Upstate companies
- Businesses must be socially or economically disadvantaged, veteran or woman-owned, and serve lower income communities
Get more info on MBA and Entrepreneurial Pathways here.
Village Launch supports entrepreneurs who live, work, worship, or serve communities on Greenville’s west side. The next cohort for the Village Launch Business Entrepreneur Academy starts after the holidays, but there will be two more chances to be a part of the B.E.A. in 2022. The application window for the session starting in April will open in February.
What you need to know about the Village Launch B.E.A.:
- 10-week program using CO.STARTERS Canvas
- Program includes facilitator-led, collaborative classes, mentoring, coaching, financial coaching and support
- Cost is $250; payment plans are available
More info here.
You can find more supports from our entrepreneurial ecosystem on the Resources page of this website.